[FAN-ACCOUNT] A VIP from Netherlands visit Seoul and get to meet BIGBANG members
Hi VIP world. I am Chantal from the Netherlands. This year I graduated from college and my parents generously gave me a 1-week vacation in Seoul. I admit Big Bang, and my bias Seungri, is instrumental in my choice of destination. Sorry for this long fan account, but I promise you this is juicy.
It’s my luck that my Polish friend is currently an English major in Seoul NU. We share a common love for BB and we spent a great deal of my trip hanging out with super duper hardcore VIPS. My friend, who’s somewhat wild, made friends with official VIPs after she attended the Dream Concert back in 2009. I believe they are the type of fans Jaejoong rants about because they are sort of stalkerish. I planned my Seoul trip very well, and communicated with a small group of Korean BB fans prior to my trip.
So we spent 4 days as undercover/stalker/spy fans because we hung around YGE and spied the members’ cars to wherever they went to. Yes. I became a sasaeng along with 4 Korean teens and 2 unnies (they were 25 yrs old and have been fans since 06). They were official VIPs and have patterned their schedule with pretty much all their free time spent on fanning over the boys, staking out in YGE, etc. They even told me I should have went on March and April so that I could have maximized my stalker plans.
To organize this, I divided my account in the following: stalking YGE; bars in Hongdae ang Kangnam: Korean VIP insider info on BB. YES, I WAS ELBOW TO ELBOW WITH THREE MEMBERS, BREATHING THE SAME AIR, DANCING TO THE SAME MUSIC, DRINKING THE SAME ALCOHOL in the same bars.
YGE is not so big. Contrary to the pics, I was pretty surprised to see that it wasn’t as big as I expected. However the security is really strict because there are 2 men on the look out almost all the time. We staked out about 5-7 meters away from the entrance. At least 10 other fans were doing the same thing we did in all those days, and we were a big group. You see cars come and go all the time, but rarely will you get a glimpse of YGE stars. However we were really lucky because in the four days that we hung around, we saw at least 1 BB member.
On the first day we saw the girl from SG in a black van. She’s not so pretty, but really sexy. At around 9 Youngbae came with his manager! He’s really short! I think I was as tall as his chin, and I am only 63 inches tall. But he was so fashionable that morning, like he had a gig or something. He wasn’t very friendly to the fans but he smiled. He looked tired. I was content just looking at him, but damn the Korean fans are so aggressive I tell you. They all surrounded him and shouted like crazy it wasn’t even funny. My friend and I stayed behind cuz we didn’t know how to react. After about ten mins or so, a couple of them got signatures and they shouted like crazy for YB that the security reprimanded the crowd.
The next morning we staked out the same time, and we arrived the same time as Youngbae and Jiyong. They were in a white car, sedan style and Jiyong was driving. The fans went crazy and my friend and I also joined them. However both of them were not in the mood and they didn’t even look at us. If I was a new person I would have been offended because the looks on their faces were kind of…. disgusted? But just like the Korean fans, I understood. I expected some of them to talk badly or something, but damn their devotion and loyalty was no joke. It’s like they knew of the moods of the boys. Anyway, we waited for another three hours and lo and behold, Ji and TOP and YB went out to ride a black van. It was all so fast all we could do was call their name. YB waved at us, and I’d like to believe he wanted to be nicer from his attitude earlier. GD was still smug and frowning. Sadly the Koreans said that GD was naturally snob. If he was friendlier, they would have been more surprised. I asked if they found it unappealing or ugly, but they said that was Jiyong’s charm. They said GD was the cold guy who everyone likes, but those who don’t will think why they like him for being rude. I didn’t get it at that time, but my interpretation was GD was the kind of college heartthrob who didn’t give a john tesh if people like him etc. And the Koreans are crazy about him for this attitude. Anyway, the k-fans mobbed the van like crazy to get their attention! Since my friend and I were the odd ones out, we chickened out again. Luckily, TOP waved his hand, and magically they stopped surrounding the van. It’s like they were waiting for even the slightest attention. CRAZY!
On the third day, we were fresh from our night out in Hongdae (where we saw Ji, TOP and Panda), so we stalked out later. We chose to go to YG at 4-7 pm so we can go straight to Kangnam. Again, we saw GD and he was riding a small black car, if I’m not mistaken it was a Chrysler because of the winged logo. It was different from the white car he was driving yesterday. Anyway, like usual he snobbed the fans but some of them surrounded his car anyway. He was stuck so he waved for security, pulled the window, and he signed some shirts and other stuffs but he didn’t even smile. But mind you, the girls still cried (one teenager was really crying so much). I was starting to get pissed at Jiyong because he was so unfriendly, and the Korean unnies told us GD changed over the years. They said that back then, GD was very sweet and endearing, but they observed that after his solo album, GD became distant and cold. From there I understood. I don’t regard myself as an expert, but I just graduated with a degree in Psychology and I can see through what the fans told us. Of course I’m not saying it’s true, but from their stories, it seemed GD became really aloof and quiet to the fans after all his controversies in 2009. He mentioned in one interview that after all the issues from his solo album, he learned to keep his head down right? Poor Jiyong. That day we also saw Psy and Kang Hyejung in their respective vans. However, I don’t really know them so I can’t say anything. Some fans were rudely calling Psy’s name though, he waved at us, and you can tell he has a kind nature because of his very kind face.
On the fourth day, we stalked out again in the morning and I didn’t sleep properly. I wish I did because that was the day when I finally got face-to-face with SEUNGRI! In the two past nights we stalked the boys in night clubs, I only saw Seungri from a distance of about 10 meters or so. BUT THIS TIME I GOT SO CLOSE! It was around 10 or so, I wasn’t sure, when a black car arrived (all boys have black cars according to the Korean fans. YB’s Mercedes, GD’s Chrysler, Dae’s Audi were black, and even TOP’s Hyundai was also black). GD also had another white luxury car which was either Bentley or Chrysler, didn’t get to confirm. Ri was in a black sedan type Jaguar. I thought it would be Teddy or maybe YG himself because it was so flashy. BUT IT WAS PANDA! He’s driving a black Jaguar! WE MOBBED HIM AND I DIDN’T EVEN THINK TWICE! He got out of the car and it was like a Valet or something. HE STAYED! Unlike GD, Seungri was soooooooooooo warm and so close and so happy and so charming and so… maybe it’s my bias talking. SORRY! In the past three days I stopped myself from attacking them, but this time I didn’t! I RAN TOWARDS HIM LIKE THE OTHERS! Maybe because of my camera, or my caucasian features, but Panda said “No pictures please, no no no no. Okay?” HE WAS SOOOO CUTE! I said “Sure, sure, but please sign this, I’m from the Netherlands!” “Ooh Netherlands. Waaaaaah. So beautiful.” I DIDN’T KNOW IF HE WAS SAYING THAT TO ME OR MY COUNTRY O MY john teshING GLORY! He signed my hanky and my notebook. He’s soooooo nice! He signed as much as he could. And at that moment I just stared at him and smiled and I thought to myself maybe I am a really good person for being able to have met them like this. Oh also we saw Psy again and this time he was driving.
I met Seungri 2x, G-Dragon 4 john teshing times, TOP 3x, and YB 2x. I’m so sad I didn’t get to see Daesung. But like Korean fans said, Dae was “hiding.” Yup, my friend said that their exact words translated were “hiding” and “making peace.” I interpreted that Dae was making amends and was embarrassed to look at the fans. Poor Daesung. I admit it made me a little sad that the boys (esp. GD) were having a little too much fun in bars, while Dae was “making peace.” But they have a life. More on that later.
Oh wait, my mind is a scramble right now, so allow me to give their physical impressions on me now before I blab more later.
TOP: Tall, fashionable, FAIR SKINNED AND SMOOTH! and sooooooooooooooo GOOD LOOKING EVEN FROM 5 meters away!
YB: Short and really muscular. However, he’s not scary muscular. He was pretty small-framed and really little.
GD: Extremely good-lookin, and he’s not even my bias. His skin is also smooth and quite silky (or oily?) I don’t know, it shined from smoothness, if that’s possible. AND HE IS RIDICULOUSLY EXTREMELY FASHIONABLE from head to toe. Of the five, he’s the one who screams “celebrity.” OH DID I MENTION HE SMELLS SOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING GOOD. It’s a mixture of perfume, smoke and alcohol. Sorry, GD drinks. BIG TIME.
Seungri: SO john teshING HANDSOME! I can’t even. The cameras don’t do him any justice at all! He’s not too small like YB, but not too tall. I think I was on his neck? HIS SMILE AND EYES ARE KILLER I CAN DIE FROM HAPPINESS NOW!
Night Out in Seoul
Okay, here’s were it gets dirty. The following posts contain lots of following around, stalking etc. The K-fans got an insider info that Seungri was going to NB, a YG-family bar. One of the K-fans had a connection (she was 32 years old and still likes BB) so it was easier to enter. It was so expensive to survive the night. SO PRICY IT TOOK MY DAILY SAVINGS FOR THAT TRIP! And it was the weekend! Okay, so the Koreans knew that NB was packed on a Friday night so they told us that the best way to make sure we got close to the boys was to stalk them from YGE or the apartment or in some places. We divided into groups. We stalked the YGE building which we just left about 5 hours prior. Man in that 5 hours all I did was visit Lotte. So we were not lucky because we waited outside YGE until 7 but they weren’t there. They weren’t in the dorm either. But some K-fans tipped that Ri left the university at 7:30 with friends. So that group in Chungang was the one who stalked Ri’s cars. We got to Hongdae at 8 and entered at 9. The Chungang group wasn’t there yet, so maybe Ri wasn’t there too!
In NB, it was so difficult to enter. They had ID system, security check etc. Wow. NB cost 15000 won for entrance alone! And drinks inside were expensive. But it was a good bar with good music and party people. Didn’t expect Koreans to be this party ready! There were hundreds of people inside, and it got so difficult to look for celebs. Koreans said the celebs would usually wear clothes that hid their faces, but they said that JYP and some rappers and idols also frequented the place. I was on the look out for any 2PM or Beast members, but I couldn’t find any because it was so packed with people! Anyway, there was a tunnel at the back where VIP (as in important people) enter, and the Koreans were tipped that a huge number of celebs were entering. It was heavily guarded but you could definitely see who was entering.
The next minutes would be the most shocking moments of my life. First I saw was a very familiar tall man who was wearing shades and scarf on the neck. MOTHERjohn teshING LORD IT WAS CHANSUNG OF 2PM! Oh my lord. Instead of partying I kept my eye on Chansung but he entered a VIP room somewhere on the second floor. I don’t know. I lost him! john tesh! Anyway, if Chansung was seen I was positive I could see Seungri too! Damn what was taking him so long. So the hours went and I didn’t see anyone, but the Koreans said that some famous rappers also entered the place. What surprised me was how no one went crazy like a wild fan upon seeing some stars. It’s like a normal place where those celebs were comfortable. I guess bars are really like that there in Seoul. Anyway I had the dance of my life when the fans went crazy because someone came again. It was a very pretty girl in some shiny jeggings and awesome hat, the kind of Lady Gaga hat that covers half your face. I didn’t recognize her, but the boys were going crazy. She was accompanied by three other fashionable girls, and I thought maybe it was 2NE1? Or maybe miss A because there were four of them. Damn even I knew that was too good to be true. We walked closer and the Korean fans were murmuring like crazy, and I only understood that when my friend went crazy. My friend would only shout for a female idol if it was SNSD. AND BAM! She said it was Yuri! john tesh MY LIFE. I was already going crazy from knowing that 2 Korean idols were in the same bar. I asked if it was Yuri with other SNSD members, but no, they said it was just Yuri with some friends. I lost her again, john tesh. She went to the second floor. I was always on the look out on the second floor because celebs were there.
Okay so the Chungang group called us and said they lost Seungri’s car and that they couldn’t enter because the club was packed. Poor them. If I was with them I wouldn’t have entered. Okay I don’t know how to write it anymore. My mind is scrambling. Anyway, lots of other celebs came according to the K-fans, and I didn’t even know most of them. I didn’t see them, but the Koreans said it was Heechul and some other idols. I didn’t know who, but I just knew it was Heechul. DIDN’T SEE THEM OKAY, just writing what the fans said.
The night went on, and I think it was already past midnight when GOD HAVE MERCY BIG BANG CAME. It was just GDTOPSEUNGRI. They entered the front door like ordinary people, not at the back like Yuri and Chansung. The Koreans said BB members are everyday sight in NB and Hongdae, so there was really no point in entering the backdoor. GDTOP loved to party! And you can see GD moving to the music. The Koreans stopped us from mobbing them (which was ironic since they were very pushy in our YGE stakeouts). They said NB was a YG-club, and mobbing BB may get us thrown out. Anyway, I was surprised to hear foreign music, mostly heavy-based hip hop, which GD rapped into. He was so into it. Unlike the moody and reserved Gdragon from the YGE bldg during mornings, club Jiyong was energetic and fun. TOP, like always, was calm and swagger. Like the other celebs they went to the second floor, and that’s when we decided to shell out some more money just so we can enter the second floor.
The second floor was mostly social people with drinks and near the bar. YOU COULD TELL THERE WERE RICH PEOPLE IN THERE! And GOD HAVE MERCY THERE WAS A BAR! I guess we got it easier because we were foreigners, because they were usually strict in letting ordinary-looking Koreans. Okay, like the ground floor NB2’s second floor was also packed, but with younger, less energetic crowd. THEN I SAW THEM! They weren’t in a room yet, SR was ordering drinks in the bar. I wanted to run to him but the bar was packed! I couldn’t. GD and TOP entered the VIP room, and yes, TOP WAS SMOKING.
Okay, I don’t know how to put it in words so I’ll just summarize.
- Seungri dancing with girls (MINDjohn teshED)
- Gdragon drinking and drinking and drinking and smoking and drinking
- Seungri and Chansung talking in the bar like close friends. YES, close friends
- TOP dancing animatedly with boys, he never went close to girls, but there were extremely pretty girls entering and leaving their VIP room
- SEUNGRI AND YURI AND CHANSUNG TOASTING LIKE CLOSE FRIENDS. I AM NOT LYING!
- GD coming out of the VIP room with his hands on a girl’s shoulder, and SMOKING.
- GD dancing and singing to 2012
- GD passing by me to go to the wash area, and I SMELLED HIM! HE REEKED OF NICOTINE, but damn there was that mix of perfume.
- GD and Yuri greet each other
- Big group cheers with those idols, Yuri and TOP seemed familiar with each other IDK
- Heechul’s group leaving at around 2, I saw that Beast guy and some idol girl (the fans said it was a miss A member, they were speaking in Korean I didn’t understand) and his group did this manly arm and hand and back thing with TOP and Ri and Chansung inside the bar. TOP and Heechul seemed friendly. Heechul and Yuri laughed. I don’t know.
- All night Chansung and Seungri were together with some guys. The others weren’t cute.
- GD became hyper at around 3 and danced with all girls, even Yuri. Seungri was laughing maniacally
- I don’t know where TOP disappeared to, but the last time I saw him he was holding a beer.
We left the scene at 4 am and they were still there, but we were so tired and so tipsy already. I think I spent about $100 the whole night, it was crazy. I COULDN’T BELIEVE THAT I SAW THREE BB MEMBERS PARTYING IT UP LIKE THERE WAS TOMORROW IN THAT NOISY BASEMENT BAR! GOD DID I SAVE THE WORLD IN MY YESTERLIFE?!?!?!
Next stop was M2 techno club in Kangnam. We had insider stalker information that some members would drop by the district on Saturday night. There was debate among Koreans on which club in Kangnam, since there was another NB club there, then there’s the famous Qvo club. It was around 7pm when some unnies confirmed that it would be M2. Okay so I’m getting tired so I’ll just summarize the 2nd night life
- Only GDTOP came with a huge group of fashionable boys, with some oldies (K-fans said it was Teddy and Kush, but I didn’t see, so I’m just writing what they told me). Around 3 – 5 other friends were tall and good looking with celebrity aura, didn’t know them
- That night, there were lots of underground rappers in M2. Koreans said the Cho guy was there, as well as the 2 supreme team guys, and I THINK I saw Simone? Was it Simone or Simon? I think I saw him. He’s good looking in person. No interaction with YG fam though.
- GDTOP was in a public space group table, not a VIP room. It must be a VIP table because they were being served, they didn’t order in the bar
- Lots of smoking and drinking
- Lots of GDTOP moments, THEY ARE CLOSE, CLOSE, CLOSE
- HOLY MOLY GDRAGON WAS GETTING HOT AND SEXY WITH THIS KOREAN GIRL WITH A FOREIGN MIX. NAUGHTY! No kissing, just dancing and lots of whispering and flirting.
- TOP loved beer. He drank beer most of the time
- One of their fashionable friend was making out with a girl.
- Their table requested some English songs, and the DJ dedicated it to them and they all went WOOOOOH and toasted and drank like they were in a contest. I’m telling you TOP was wasted!
- GDTOP dancing in the middle with girls and boys, they were really in with the party crowd.
We left early this time because M2 was so jampacked and reeked of alcohol and cigarette that I somehow got sick towards the end. The music was not base-heavy, but percussion heavy so I was so deaf by 2am. So yeah. When we left, GD was still with girls, TOP in the dancefloor, and their group still enjoying the night scene.
It was like a dream. I didn’t expect to actually be able to see all the boys, and more so Gdragon, in the flesh. Anyway. I’m tired and there are still lots of things to be said.
Insider Information from Korean VIPS
(more on GD because those Korean fans, like most Koreans, are G-dragon biased)
* G-dragon is very close to his family. He bought a car for his sister, and bought an apartment-for-rent business for his parents (who are both really old) . GD also renovated their house in Seoul and bought properties in Apkujeong and Itaewon.
* GD is religious. He always went to church with his family, but lately he went alone or with friends.
* GD is a ladies’ man. In night scenes, GD is often scene with a large group of girls, and he is very friendly towards them.
* GD smokes and drinks very openly, no discretion.
* GD has a prince personality. HE IS COLD and RESERVED, but NOT rude or proud. Korean fans said they grew to love the seemingly arrogant persona of GD, but they said when he is in the right mood, he is a touchy idol (don’t get what “touchy” means).
* GD has a large group of friends who are all extremely good looking and rich
* GD has 3 cars, 2 often seen, 1 only in display
* GD is very close with Bom and CL of 2NE1, he was once sighted shopping with Park Bom, and having ice cream with CL.
* GD is also very close with Yang Hyunsuk. They share an older brother-younger brother relationship. G-dragon once gifted YGE a very expensive watch.
* GD is known to be close to Yoobin of WG and Nicole of Kara. BoA and GD are also friends. GD was often sighted with Tiffany, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and some other men in NB Apkujeong.
* GD and Yuri are casual friends.
* GD was once sighted with Beast’s Junhyung and Hyunseung in Myeongdong district.
* GD didn’t finish college, but was once enrolled in Kyunghee majoring in classical music. He dropped out even before school started. This was after he dropped out with Dae in their first university.
* GD has no formal music education, but he and Teddy enrolled in online American universities
* TOP is a mama’s boy. He bought 2 villas for himself and his family. His dad is a military officer who earns a lot. Choi family is very rich. TOP’s sister owns a series of clothing businesses.
* TOP has had 2 cars but never renewed his license.
* TOP and GD almost have the same set of friends, but he has his own Dongguk friends, who are mostly guys.
* Unlike GD, TOP is not too close with girls, but when he gets serious, he is. There were sightings of TOP with just one girl in multiple night scenes. He’s had 5 girls so far according to stalker information
* TOP loves shopping around in public places
* TOP is close with Heechul and Siwon of SuJu, Nich of 2PM, Jaejoong, Hyungjoon, Yunho and Hyunseung.
* TOP is very very close to Park Bom, Gummy, Park Hanbyul, the girl from SG, and the partner of Junpyo. He also shares a relative closeness to the dancers of YGE.
* Taeyang is religious. He is always in church.
* Taeyang always dances. He has a underground dance team in Kangnam, and is a part of a regular dance crowd in all Noisy Basement clubs.
* Taeyang is friends with all Brown-eyed girl members, Lee Hyori, Siwon of Super Junior, Sooyoung, Tiffany, and Hyoyeon.
* Sighted with Yuri and Seungri in Chungang district
* Seungri is rich. He owns a house and businesses in Gwangju. Aside from the school, he also owns a restaurant in the province. He is a businessman.
* Seungri is really really really close with Goo Hara and IU. He has been sighted with these two girls multiple times. He is especially often shopping with Hara.
* Seungri is always in a group date with university friends, including Yuri. He and Yuri are really close inside and outside classroom. However, during the last semester there have been no sightings of Seungri and Yuri together, unlike before.
* IU, Seungri, and Thunder are trios who always eat and dine out together.
* Seungri has had 2 idol girl friends.
* Daesung is very religious and quiet. He has the least public sightings from all members. He is very close to his church friends.
* Daesung has had 2 cars, both audis. He hasn’t finished university but went more often than GD
* Dae has a house and 1 apartment villa in Apkujeong.
* Dae is almost NEVER seen in bars and clubs. He doesn’t usually go on a night out.
* Dae is a volunteer in Church, and has been mostly sighted in outreach and charity programs in schools, communities, and other churches.
* Dae is also very close with producers and directors for SBS and MBC.
* In Big Bang, GDTOP is seemingly the closest because they are often seen together in night scenes and events, and also in shopping.
* GD and Seungri are usually seen eating out
* GD and Bae are only seen in YGE and bars.
* YB and Dae are close because of church, and they also shop and eat together.
* Teddy and Kush are often seen with Tae and TOP.
* During concerts, Taeyang and Seungri would always greet some fans in the backstage.
* In live broadcasts, Seungri would usually give out freebies for VIPS.
* Korean fans said that in Korea, YGE is hardcore. I said that some international fans think of YGE as trying hard and poser, but they said that in the underground scene, NB and YG is notorious. They even said that “NB defines Seoul’s night life. YG Entertainment, its artists and its music is hardcore.” Apparently, almost all “underground idol rappers” have once started their gigs in NB1, NB2, and NB Gangnam.
* VIP, as a fandom, isn’t united. They said that they act mostly on their own, or in small groups, unlike SM fans who supports in bulk.
* Big Bang has lost current popularity, but they are a household name in South Korea. Seoul’s rich and elite, THEIR WORDS NOT MINE, only know Big Bang when you ask them about Korean singers.
* In 2008, even the poor and the middle class liked Big Bang. But BB’s difference from other popular idols is that you can also make rich socialites buy their albums without shame. Korean VIPS pride themselves that Big Bang transcends the income inequality of fans and supporters.
* Korean VIPS said that their fandom is relatively smaller and less active than other fandoms, so most of BB sales are divided from fandom and casual fans. South Korea supports Big Bang. And most especially, G-Dragon.
* Korean VIPS said that Big Bang are unlike other idols. They are not showy with fans, they don’t do fan meets, YGE has long forgotten about organizing the official fandom, but multitudes of VIPS still stick to Big Bang in the quiet.
Okay, I wrote out pretty much all I took note of and remember. These are all first hand experiences and insider information from Korean VIPs/stalker fans. This took me all night to make so I hope you guys appreciate it. Now I know I may come of as too know-it-all, but I just got lucky in meeting hardcore Korean Big Bang fans. Thank you. BIG BANG IS LOVE!
source : chantalmeijerVI@twitter